In 1959, Elroy Meyer decided to build O'Fallon Bowl as a place for his community. As a resident of O'Fallon, he saw the area growing and new subdivisions forming even back in the 1950's. The closest bowling alley was 16 lanes and 12 miles away.

Elroy, along with brothers-in-law Cotton and Elmer Schneider, built the $450,000 (at the time) facility - a 16-lane, 21,000 square-foot bowling alley, lounge and restaurant. We remain in our original building and location today.

With Elroy's passing in 1982 and Bernice in 2014, the business now lies in the hands of the four Meyer children -- Don, Pam (Glanz), Bill, and Wendy (McCollom). Larry Schwenker has been with us for over 40 years as our general manager. Today, much of the day-to-day responsibilities are managed by the Meyer children and grandchildren. We are truly a family owned and operated business.

Many of our customers have been faithfully coming here every week for a very long time. Some have been coming through these doors for over 40 years while new customers visit us every day. We continue to work on attracting new bowlers and younger generations.

Though rich in history, O'Fallon Bowl keeps up with the technologies of the game without losing the small family business charm. 
In 2008, we put in our most recent electronic scoring system (and continue to update when new software is released) as well as completely recarpeting the walls and floors. 
In April 2012, O'Fallon Bowl installed brand new Brunswick Professional Lanes along with 42" LG HD Monitors, new ball returns, and masking units.
 In 2016, the entire bowling center was renovated and updated with new paint, approaches, tables, seating, and restrooms.

Per the O'Fallon smoking ordinance, we are
smoke-free as of June 2011.

 All of the Meyer children and grandchildren have been involved with running the business and continue to bowl in leagues here as part of the family heritage.  In 2019, O'Fallon Bowl celebrated 60 years in business as a community gathering place for good times and good friends -- still achieving exactly what Elroy and Bernice set out to do back in 1959.
Elroy and Don, circa 1961